The Town of Walton will hold a Public Hearing on November 9, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. for the purpose of any person wishing to be heard in favor or against the preliminary budget as compiled for or against any item or items therein contained.
Budget may be found under “eDocuments”
By resolution of the Town Board, pursuant to Section 205-a of the Highway Law the Town of Walton designates the following as seasonal limited use highway to be posted for temporarily discontinue snow and ice removal from December 1, 2020 to April 1, 2021.
Chase Brook from Town of Tompkins town line to Town of Tompkins town line.
Beers Brook from Russ Gray Pond to NYS Route #206
Kellogg Road from the Kellogg residence to the end of the road.
Dated October 20, 2020
Superintendent of Highway
The Walton Town Board would like to remind all residents to complete their 2020 Census registration. The Census provides critical data that lawmakers, business owners, teachers, and many others use to provide daily services, products, and support for you and your community. Every year, billions of dollars in federal funding go to hospitals, fire departments, schools, roads, and other resources based on census data.
The Town of Walton has hired Glen Bowker as the new Town of Walton Highway Mechanic. Please join us in welcoming Mr. Bowker to the team.
The Town and Village of Walton will be handing out free cloth face masks on Tuesday, April 28, 2020 at the Walton Central School Bus Garage. With the help of the Walton Fire Department, masks will be distributed to any Walton resident in need of a mask between the hours of 11:00 – 1:00 and 4:00-6:00 p.m.
The Town of Walton Board at a special meeting on October 17, 2019 approved the 2020 Preliminary Budget. The proposed $1,965,459.00 budget will result in a .2817% tax levy increase equivalent to $3,592.00.
A public hearing will be held on November 4, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. for any person(s) wishing to be heard in favor or against the preliminary budget.
2020 PRELIMINARY BUDGET
The Town of Walton is happy to announce that Ronda Williams, Town Clerk/Tax Collector will start accepting partial tax payments beginning January 1, 2020.
The following procedures will be administered.
- Must pay 50% of total bill by January 31st. You may not enter into a partial agreement after January 31st.
- You must pay the remainder 50% in full within the next three penalty periods with the correct penalty amount due. February Balance + 1%, March – Balance + 2%, April – Balance + 3%.
- Total bill must be paid by April 30th or the balance will be returned to the Delaware County Treasurer as unpaid and tax foreclosure proceeding may follow.
- PROPERTY OWNERS WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR KEEPING TRACK OF AMOUNT DUE. NO FOLLOW UP OR REMINDER BILLS WILL BE SENT.
- When mailing tax payments, include entire bill for proper posting and receipt.